What I did in Hong Kong

7:45 AM



Hello! its been so long since I made a blogpost and this time I want to share you my experiences visiting Hong Kong! I think this my first time sharing my travel stories in my blog and I'm excited!

If you've visited my blog before, here I used to wrote about emotions and inner healing but then life happens so fast and I got distracted ( I'm very easily distracted help!) I'am mostly doing work for my clients to support my life and pursuing my singing and dancing passion and other things thats why :'(. But I have so many thing I want to share you in the future maybe after I finish my music project, I wish to write more about my emotional healing progress that seems work well for me, perhaps it can be beneficial for some of you too.

Back to the topic, I decide to make a blog post about it because I took many pictures of things that amaze me and I want to show, like 200 something XD that's why its impossible to upload all in instagram right? so, here it is my HK experiences during Christmast and New Year 2018 to 2019!

Part 1. Transit at Singapore Airport

This is also my first time having quite a long transit time, around 7 hour, I arrived at Singapore at 11 PM, and flight to HK at 6 AM so I gotta spend the night at Changi Airport Singapore. I'm traveling alone from Bali to HK and back, I'm gonna meet my aunties and cousin at HK airport though, they were traveling from Japan. I wasn't that sleepy because I'm too excited, and  i've been sleeping late lately due to work, too much energy and watching drama :P , so I just wandering around the airport that have heaps of interesting thing to check. I walk around terminal 1,2,3 visiting the movie theater ( just take a look because its dark and creepy to be there alone in the middle of the night), the shops, the restaurant, the park, the butterfly park and they also have some interesting interactive display. By 2 AM I finally got tired, i checked some lounge, the one I visited was Ambassador, the price is 58 SGD including shower,foods, wine and champagne, but I think because I'm mostly vegan and not drinking, it's not worth it for me to spend the money, so I brush my teeth, change my contact lenses into glasses and washed my face in the toilet, then I checked some snooze lounge and find a very nice sofa under the shade with some plants around me with airplanes under the night skies views in front of me at Terminal 3, next to me were some other empty sofa and another travellers who already fell a sleep, I put my backpack under my feet, set an alarm, charge my phone and put it behind my back, I put my jeans jacket over my head and sleep.

Surprisingly I had a deep sleep and woke up around 5, after freshen up I walked into my departure gate, some people there were sleeping, I am feeling quite fresh so I continue watching Cantabile Tomorrow (Korean version of Nodame Cantabile) in my i pad which is so funny and made my heart fluttered while munching some biscuit i bought in vending machine, until its time to board.



Ted X Ubud Tumblr at refill station ( Reduce plastic!) 






Airport OOTD
Interactive Display at Changi


Part 2. Hong Kong!

I'm flying with Singapore Airline which allowed me to pre-booked vegan meals that made me very happy, there were a couple of options: Indian, Western, Chinese and just fruits. The flight was comfortable, like always with SQ as far as I experienced. I bought the ticket during promo so it was around 4,2 million IDR for Bali-HK return ticket which I think was a really good deal! after 3,5 hour of smooth flying I arrived in Hong Kong airport, all this time I just feel very excited like I'm in some kind of drugs..haha, but i never used that kind of drugs so maybe like i'm in sugar high or chocolate high.

When I arrived, I feel stunned with the views of mountain background at the arrival gate windows and the cold breeze, they made me feel enthusiastic because they're something different than what I used to see and feel back home in Bali. I queued in the immigration and saw so many MANY people that I ever seen in one place, please know that I live in Ubud which is a village where there is not that much people there, well maybe Ubud Center during Ogoh Ogoh Parade is the one that can compared. and then I queued while people watching x) they were some cute kids with their mom and dad, and pretty girls with interesting fashion style, some pretty boys and many many other interesting people. When its my turn, the immigration officer check my documents and asked if i travel alone, I said yes but my family is here, and then he want to see my return flights details, after I gave it to him, he stamped my passport and said happy holidays! I Thanked him and walk to fetch my luggage.

I waited for my family to arrived, they will arrive 45 minutes after me. I wait while people watching, thats my main activities during the trip I guess x), I watched how people dressed and interact with each other in a language I don't know and thats amuse me. When my family finally arrived we went to the MTR, thats how it is there, not MRT, and go to the Central Hong Kong to check in.

Well because I traveled with my family, I got really lucky to be able to stay at such a beautiful hotel in city center that I won't be able to easily afford if I pay it myself, Hong Kong is quite expensive compared to Indonesia. Therefore I feel really thankful, I thank God hundred times during my trip because its truly feels amazing for me, He had blessed me beyond my imagination through my aunty. I told God and my spirit guide that I want to stay present all the time and enjoying this very moment and I felt so many sweet and warm emotions that sometimes made me teared up too.

In Hong Kong, I enjoyed the cold weather (16 C- 10 C), do a lot of walking, window shopping, eating some delicious chinese foods,queueing (for toilet and Disneyland ride) people watching, sleeping, relaxing at the hotel hot pool and repeat, It's kinda a very chill and relaxing type of travel that apparently I enjoyed happily X) I didn't got a chance to explore the tourist spot much, perhaps I will go back in the future to see difference side of Hong Kong to explore further.

For me as a short visitor the city is beautiful, the ocean views, streets bursting with colours at night, street musician giving beat box performance, colorful buses, people wearing stylish winter clothing, people crossing the road like a herd of animals in Africa, tall buildings, more advance technology applications, different kind of sounds, colors, taste and smells. I'm not sure if i find something that made me feel deflated there during my trip, oh perhaps when I saw peking duck, or Shark Fin soup, I just wish and pray people everywhere in the world will switch to plant based meal because it's good for our health, animals and environment too. LOL this post quickly turn into vegan campaign.

Anyway my favorite things about the city is the cold weather that isn't too cold, the wide sidewalks where I can walk comfortably and even do some random dancing and the fact that in city center there is an airport express that allowed me to check in my baggage in city center, so I can just walk lightly with just backpack with MTR to the airport and meet my luggage at Bali, I think its so convenient!

The city feel like a future for a villagers like me :D overall its a very exciting experiences to visit new place that I never been with different weather and culture from my home (Ubud). Oh and I don't think I'll ever ride a taxi if i go there by myself because it could cost millions rupiah


plant based meal at Singapore Airlines


Hong Kong from Four Seasons Swimming Pool

 Hot Tub at 59th floor * favorite*

































Part 3. Vegetarian & Vegan Foods in Hong Kong


In most places I ate with my family offer vegetarian options,  I'm just not 100% sure if the broth is 100% vegan, if you are the kind of strict vegan you might need to learn to speak cantonese to ask more details, but if you don't mind a little bit of splash of perhaps fish sauce, oyster sauce or shrimp paste like me you'll be fine! in every place i just ordered their vegetarian options and I'm happy with everything I had. During this trip I become a 'cheagan' means I cheated, because my family already ordered the food anyway I tried the fried rice with small anchovy and white eggs, hot chocolate, Godiva soft chocolate ice cream, and a deep friend prawn cake, I was curious because I never taste that kind before, I don't really feel bad for the salty fish but after I ate the prawn I keep remembering a scene from Ice Age movie that showing slice of life of a krill and it made me feel guilty..

The street food I tried that seems doesn't contain animals is Ching Chong Fan, not sure i spelled it right, but its a rolled rice cake with some sauce, i find it really tasty but the portion is really big, well the street food price if it turn into rupiah will be around 50k anyway so perhaps thats why there is so much.

My favourite food in HongKong I ate them at Lei Garden Restaurant, it was a homemade vegetable casserole, friend crispy tofu and a mochi cake with black sesame filling, twas DELISH!

At Disneyland, I ate french fries and Disney character pasta salad, the pasta was shaped like Mickey Mouse head and their friends, the taste was just fine, it's cold just like pasta bowl you might buy at supermarket but it fills my stomach and fueled my Disney play time.

Kale Noodle Soup

Raddish Cake

Mushroom Topping on Noodle Soup

Vegetable Dumpling

Cute Illustrated Dining ware

Chinese Style Table Setting, One set of chopstick to take the food, one for eating

Crispy Fried  Soft Tofu, My Favorite!!!

Homade Vegetable Casserole, My Favorite!!!



Mochi with Black sesame fillings, my favorite!!!




Ching Cong Fan

Sugar Cane Juice


Disney Pasta Salad


 Part 4. Disneyland Hong Kong

I always love going to Disneyland, its amazing how Mr. Walt can create a promise and hope that people who will go to Disneyland will feel happy and I was happy! it just not as I expected, because there is so many people coming, well It was my bad for not expecting that because of course it will going to be lots of people going to Disneyland during holiday season x) So I can't go through all the rides due to looong queuing but it was still enjoyable :) The X Mas tree was massive, I play with my sister soulmate like a kiddos all day and we had fun!











Delicious Churros Saber








 Part 5. New Year Eve!

At New Year eve our family and friends gather together with other hotel guests at the swimming pool area, it was windy and cold but everyone had a good conversation, laugh and hugs so I felt warm, we chat until fireworks started, the fireworks on for 10 minutes and everyone raise a glass to do a toast, the new year has come, and thats how I end this post, It's late at night now and I'm tired..hahaha..though I still have many things i want to share I think i'll safe it and keep it for myself,
if you haven't been there you can see it for yourself once you go! okay?

Thank You for scrolling down and read my story! I wish you a new year full of hope in 2019!

With Love,
Flora





If you want, connect to me through my instagram @floramarc, ciao bella!









































































































































































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts